Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bee Wallet

I've been needing a new wallet for awhile.  My first attempt didn't work so well, so I tried again today.  I got the idea of having it zip up around itself.  This is the first time I've done a zipper around a curve.  I'm happy with how it turned out but I think that I won't be making these for the Etsy shop.   Bees aren't my favorite, but I happened to have a yellow zipper that was long enough to go around the outside of the wallet.

Front of Wallet.  I added a zipper pouch to put change it. 

The entire outside.  You can sort of see the zipper all around the edge

The inside of the wallet.  I added a clear vinyl window to put my I.D. in so I don't have to hunt around for it in my wallet.
 The zipper was a pain in the butt to work with.  It's really hard to put them in so they open up like that.  I don't think I'll be making this again.  It's certainly not something that I could make to sell.  It's to fiddly to work with.  If I could find a different way to close the wallet, I kind of like the shape.

I have to try it out and see how I like carrying it around.  I don't do the purse thing.  Usually I just throw my wallet into my pocket and this one is a bit larger than what I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment