Monday, February 27, 2012

Mondays

Well, it was most definitely a Monday type of Monday.  Woke up with a massive headache that is still lurking in the background.  However, I was able to be mildly productive today and got a couple of projects finished. 

I have two new pairs of pajama shorts!  I still have a pair of pajama pants to cut out, but I just haven't been motivated to cut them out.  I feel like I've done enough garment sewing for awhile. From the scraps of one of the shorts, I made a pair of Big Butt Baby pants for little miss R!  The pattern comes form Made by Rae. These pants have pandas!
Here's the front of the pants!  Aren't the pandas adorable!

Here's the back of the pants so you can see the "big butt" part.  I played around this the pattern and did some flat felled seams on the legs and crotch seam.  I don't recommend it for the crotch seam for sure.  it is such a small space to sew in and it's a pain in the but.  Maybe if I did that seam before the leg seams it'd be okay.  I can't wait to see little R in them.  It'll be a couple of months though before that happens.




Little R will be one week old tomorrow and I just put together a package for the family.  In addition to making the panda pants, I made an octopus hat.  The dad, G, is apparently obsessed with octopi.  A and I were planning on making him an octopus stuffed animal, but instead, she went into labor!  So I made a hat with an octopus design. It's a bit tricky to see, but you get the idea.  I found the pattern on Ravelry.


So you can kinda see the octopus.  The black beads are the eyes.  This is the first time that I've added beads to a knitting project.  I was so glad that there were good directions.

I modified the pattern from the original.  I did a 2 x 2 rib at the bottom and cast on 80 stitches instead of the 64 the pattern suggested.  I did 64 originally, but it seemed so small.  I haven't seen this baby's head, but I figured bigger was better.  I also like the ribbed bottom better.



Here is a better (?) picture of the octopus.

Could you tell it was an octopus if I didn't tell you?

And this is the top of the hat.  I was able to use the same decrease that was in the pattern.  I think it turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment