Monday, February 20, 2012

Waiting Anxiously

I was supposed to have a crafty day with friends yesterday.  However, plans changed, when one went into labor.  She has been in labor for 30+ hours and still no baby.  I'm so excited for them. 


I was honored to help the mom with a quilt for her and her new baby to snuggle under.  "A" did an amazing job choosing a great pattern for a beginner. Her husband used some "quilt calculus" to make the pattern bigger.  They did a great job.  We also added an outer boarder of starfish fabric (blue).  This baby has been referred to as Starfish from the beginning.  We put the almost the entire top together in one day.  My baby shower gift to the new parents was to quilt it for them.  I used a free motion quilt pattern that reminds me of water.








From some of the scraps of the quilt, I put this little guy together.  His name is QT, for Quilted Turtle.

I used a this pattern from the Make It & Love It blog.  You can check it out here.  I added some quilting to his shell and also changed the shell to 8 pieces instead of 4.  I also added some top stitching on the feet to add toes.

Okay, back to waiting anxiously for baby news!

No comments:

Post a Comment