Saturday, February 18, 2012

Experiment: Shell Shaped Wallet

It all started with the snap failed on the wallet I made a number of years ago.  So I looked around and didn't see a wallet I really liked.  The only thing intriguing I found was a shell shaped wallet.  When it's open it really looks more like a peanut.  Only problem: it was HUGE!  I hardly ever carry a purse/bag with me so I need something small I can just throw into a pocket. 

So after cutting up a couple of pieces of paper, this is what I came up with.  Please excuse the horrible picture.

Of course, I woke up and thought about this.  Now I'm rethinking the idea of a zipper.  If I want to make these to sell, zippers are kind of a pain.  I hardly ever carry change around with me so just having another card slot might be more helpful. 

We will see what happens today.  It could possibly blow up in my face and I'll waste some fabric.  On the other hand, it could turn out cool and I might have another item for my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment