Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SNOW!

I woke up to snow this morning.  I didn't quite believe it.  The light looked little fun as I pulled myself out of bed.  Without my glasses on I went to go check.  We have SNOW!  I'm so excited.  I don't care that it's spring.  I am a bit bummed because I might lose a lot of my flowers.  I have some fuchsias that might not survive.  One of my daffodils is starting to bloom but I don't know if it will make it.

The daffodil that might not make it.

 View out my sliding glass door.
 The dogwood outside my kitchen window.  I bundled up and went outside to take pics and to know snow off this tree.  It provides me with some privacy when it has leaves. 

I live in a fishbowl apartment.  Big sliding glass door and kitchen window look into the living/kitchen window on the ground floor. 
  Some more daffodils (I think).  I hope they survive.
 The blooming azalea bush.

A bush near my neighbor's door.  I don't know what it is, but it is normally standing up straight.  I knocked some snow off this one as well.  Not sure if I helped it much.

One of the trees.

My poor car, buried in snow.  You can get an idea of how much snow we got.  And this is also the main reason why I won't be going anywhere today.  I also have very little experience driving in snow.  Definitely best for everyone if I stay inside today and don't drive.  Definitely a great crafting-type day.







This is a huge amount for Eugene.  I think it's been 7+ years since I've seen this much snow.  The last time Eugene had a lot of snow, I wasn't living here and I only heard about it.  Unfortunately, it appears to be raining.  It's still pretty chilly, but it appears that our snow is melting.  :0(  It happens so rarely that I want it to stay for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment