Saturday, May 5, 2012

Boo Boo Buster Bag!

I've been playing around with this idea for awhile in my head and today it came to fruition.  I made a Boo Boo Buster Bag! Perfect size to throw in a purse, diaper bag, backpack or the car.  I think I might make one for my car.  It's amazing how often I need some sort of first aid like thing (bandaids and tissues, mostly) I need in my car.  I think I'll throw some granola bars in there as well. 

I had super cute puppy and kitty fabric.  So I thought I'd play around with it.  I made a little red cross patch to put on the bag.  I played around with the design of the patch.  First I had a pieced red cross but it was way to big.  Felt was so much easier.  And just making  a square patch was kind of boring so I made it a circle. 

I'm thinking of making these for my shop.  I've been looking for something new to make to give my shop a little boost.  Hopefully, this is the solution.

I think it turned out pretty cute.

 Close up of the red cross patch.  It's top stitched down.

I little demo of what you could put in it.
 I made the lining of bag nylon.  That way it could be wiped out if need be.  I'm not used to sewing with nylon.  It's kind of a pain.  But I like the results.
 I hadn't planned on squaring the bottom of the bag but after looking at it, I decided it'd be cuter with a squared bottom.  Plus that means that it will stand up on it's own.
 Zipper.
Reverse side of the bag.  Check out the dog and cat!  So cute!  A quilting friend, G, gave me the fabric.  I think she made some pajamas for one of her daughters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment